Embedthis Pak™ Features
Pak has the following major features:
- Install, list and uninstall packages into a local application.
- Manage package versions and dependencies.
- Automatically retrieves and installs dependant packages.
- Update and upgrade packages and their dependencies.
- Publish and retract packages in the Pak Catalog.
- Support version expressions using Semantic Versioning 2.0.
- Packages are described via a Package.json file that is compatible with NodeJS.
- Supports GitHub and NPM as the primary Pak storage repositories.
- Manages a local cache of retrieved packages.
While Pak has a strong feature set, there are some characteristics that make Pak unique.
- Pak is a meta-package manager in that is works with multiple package catalogs.
- Integrated with the Bower and NPM catalogs for over 150,000 extra packages.
- Post install configuration of packages by selectively exporting package contents into local "lib" directory.
- Can override and wrap existing 3rd party packages.
- Very fast operation.
The Pak command has the following commands:
|cache||Download and save packages to the the local package cache|
|cached||List packages in the cache|
|config||Show the Pak configuration|
|depend||Display installed package dependencies|
|edit||Edit a package description file|
|help||Display this usage help|
|info||Display README for a package|
|init||Create a new package.json|
|install||Install a package on the local system|
|list||list installed packages|
|prune||Prune named packages|
|publish||publish a package in a catalog|
|retract||Unpublish a package|
|search||Search for packages in the catalog|
|uninstall||Uninstall a package on the local system|
|update||Update the cache with latest version of packages|
|upgrade||Upgrade installed packages|